Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Golly gee, I'm 33!


Happy Birthday to me

Two Tuesdays ago (the 22nd, of course) I celebrated my 33rd birthday. Being away from home, I thought it would be fun to have our new friends over for a game night, but we decided to just make it a family affair which ended up being really nice.

The day started pretty normal: work, lunch in the Student Union, etc., but Nicole baked/brought cupcakes on my behalf, which was very sweet of her.

But when I got home, the boys had decorated the dining room, baked a cake and had finished painting my new dresser! Yay, I didn't have to live out of my suitcase anymore!

Then to top it off, Graham did BBQ shishkebabs (in the rain nonetheless) and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner, cake and opening of gifts. After dinner, we all watched the classic version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at which point I fell asleep on the couch (it had been a long week...yes, already).

So thanks to all of you for your e-cards, e-mails, cards, gifts and well wishes. I felt just as loved here as I did in Fresno, but wished you could have been here to celebrate with us.

No comments: